Monday, April 11, 2005

Portrait dedicated to an anonymous artist

me

This portrait of me is dedicated to an anonymous artist:

  • to the creative young person who was busily applying paint to the mural being made at the Highlands Art Festival,
  • to the courteous young person who asked me for permission to take a picture with my digital camera,
  • to the trustworthy young person into whose paint-smeared hands I readily placed my Vivitar ViviCam 3350B,
  • to the generous young person who, with the freedom to photograph anything or anyone in sight, chose me as the subject and took a single picture before returning the camera,
  • to the photographer with steady hands for whom just one shot was enough to capture a blur-free image,
  • to the portraitist who, due to the lack of a display on the camera, never saw how the image would appear.

Thank you.

artist

No comments: