Saturday, February 06, 2010

Snowed in

I used to live in upstate NY, so I will admit that for several years I have scoffed at what the Pittsburgh "severe weather centers" have called snowstorms. I have seen worse than this weekend's storm, but this one does merit being called a snowstorm.

When I woke up this morning and looked out the window of my third floor apartment, I was surprised to see a foot of snow piled up against the window. This thin pile of snow is more a testimony to how much the snow was blowing last night.

We have about 22 inches in this area, and a few more inches coming.

They were just beginning to plow the parking lot an hour ago.

My car is covered with deep snow, and I think it's not worth trying to clear it off until it would be reasonable to think of going anywhere.

Later this afternoon I should be able to get my car ready to drive up to Kittanning in the morning to preach at the West Glade Run Presbyterian Church.

Photograph of snow-filled parking lot in Lower Burrell, PA, Feb. 6, 2010.

Photograph of snowplow beginning to clear parking lot in Lower Burrell, PA, Feb. 6, 2010


File under : ,

No comments: