Monday, December 11, 2006

Advent gets busy

My best efforts to manage my energy keep hitting their limits.

Because I knew that last week was going to be a heavy week I arranged for a guest preacher for Sunday. Rebecca Cartus, a candidate for ministry under care of Pittsburgh Presbytery, came to Central and preached a great sermon on "Lighting Up the World."

That evening we had our Children's Christmas Program with a Tureen Dinner. The program included skits the children had done for Grand Central Station this fall, songs the children had learned, and then re-enactments of scenes from the nativity story. At the end of the program everyone sang Christmas songs until Santa Claus appeared and had a talk with each of the children.

By the end of the evening I was exhausted. This week I am to start Cardiac Rehab. I hope that helps me do a better job of planning what I can and should do.

Here are some of the pictures from the Christmas Program.

The Annunciation

The angel appears to Joseph in a dream

An earthly king in fine robes

Shepherds come to see the newborn king

Magi bring gifts

Santa Claus arrives

Technorati : , , ,

No comments: