Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The old voting technology was equally as bad at reading minds

Today I joined many Pennsylvanians in voting in primaries today using the new electronic voting machines. I thought the process went very smoothly, and the elections workers did a good job of telling me what to expect from the electronic device.

While I was finding my way through my electronic ballot, the voter at the machine next to me was having some trouble. He told the elections worker that he wanted to do a write-in ballot. The worker explained to him that if he pressed the write-in button next to the position, the screen would display a keyboard that he could use to type in the candidate's name.

"But I don't know his name," the voter replied.

Perhaps a recognizable attempt at a campaign might have helped.

File under: , ,

No comments: