Sunday, July 16, 2006

It might be a crime wave

When I was learning about Tarentum before moving to Western Pennsylvania, I did what I could to research the area over the internet. At that time, a Google search for "Tarentum" brought up a number of pages with listings of strange laws that are still on the books (one example here):

Tarentum: Horses are not to be tied to parking meters.

Maybe they pass laws such as this to address real problems. In the time that I have lived in this area, the closest I have come to seeing a real horse in Tarentum has been at the pony rides at the Tarentum Fest (blocks away from any parking meters).

Doesn't this law seem overly strict? It strikes me as far more draconian than than the law in Florida:
If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
Perhaps in Tarentum elephants would be ok, but horses can't even be tied when the parking fee is paid!

Anyhow, imagine how I felt when I saw the following sight:
horses tied to parking meters in Tarentum, PA
This could be the start of a serious crime wave around here. If you spot any horses tied to parking meters in Tarentum, send me a photo. We've got to start tracking this rampant wickedness before it gets out of hand!

File under : , ,

No comments: