Friday, August 25, 2006

Really fresh produce available locally at Farmers' Market

some of the fresh produce available at the Farmers' Market in Natrona HeightsOn Tuesday morning it was time to go shopping for a few items for the dinner at the Tuesday Evening Meal and Ministry at Central Presbyterian Church. I had been told that there was a Farmers' Market in Natrona Heights on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 to noon, so I decided to look for it before going to the grocery stores.


I found that three different farms were each selling produce in the parking lot in front of Macy's at the Heights Plaza.


stands at the Farmers' Market in Natrona HeightsThe prices were amazing and the tomatoes used in the salad that evening were out of this world.


While I was at the market I ran into a number of acquaintances. They all knew about the Farmers' Market, but apparently had joined in the conspiracy of silence to keep me from discovering it.


I have been told that at one time there had been a Farmers' Market in Tarentum. I am wondering why it stopped, and what it would take to get one back in town. Many of the neighbors around Central Presbyterian Church do not drive, so they lack convenient access to good, fresh produce.



File under : , , , ,

No comments: