Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Comment moderation

I have decided to introduce comment moderation, which is a feature blogger.com offers to people who maintain blogs on their system. There have been instances in the past when I have had to respond to inappropriate comments being made anonymously. There are also anonymous or pseudonymous commenters who have a history of using their privilege responsibly. If you make a comment, it will go to a list of comments on which I make the decision whether it will appear on my blog. I will make my decisions on a comment by comment basis.

(Hint: Brevity, relevance to the blog entry, and focus are positive; the longer a rambling tirade goes, the more likely I am to conclude that there is a good reason not to publish the comment.)

There is no reason for me publicly to debate with anonymous critics of any of my decisions about my blog.

File under : ,

No comments: