Tuesday, December 27, 2005

kindness of strangers

Kindness of Strangers Yesterday afternoon I came across my CD of Kindness of Strangers by Leni Stern. I had misplaced it at some point in one of my recent moves. Nice melodies, uplifting lyrics, very soothing to listen to today.

The title song is about making a human connection with a stranger on Madison Avenue.

The longest track on the CD is "Vedo Il Tuo Viso (I See Your Face)" and was written to be performed with guitar, orchestra and voices in Bologna, Italy at an annual commemoration of the August 2, 1980 bombing in the Bologna train station that killed 85 people and injured 162, most of them children.

I had picked up the CD at an arts festival in an out-of-the-way part of upstate New York, where Leni Stern was performing.

Technorati :

No comments: