Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Some thoughts on atheism

I am now facing with some bemusement the fact that I have been quoted approvingly by local Pittsburgh blogger Austin Cline on atheism.about.com here. He comments on something I wrote, saying:
I think that Pollock is expressing a similar sentiment as I do when I argue that the government doesn’t have the authority to single out any particular religion for promotion or endorsement. However, he is expressing it from a particularly Christian viewpoint and using Christian language, which is valuable.
Cline understood my position correctly, although the comments he quoted were more about what I thought the Christian Church should be doing than about what the government should be doing.

So what do Christians and atheists have in common? For one thing, when they refuse to bow down at the altars of the cultural deities, they each pose a threat to the status quo.

File under : , , , ,

No comments: