Tuesday, November 15, 2005

And sometimes the people preach the sermon right back to you

On Sunday I preached a stewardship sermon based on the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-30). I talked about being stewards of all that we are and have, and about the very limited view of the third servant who thought that he could precisely delimit what he owed back to his master. I was feeling somewhat distracted by the fact that there would be a congregational meeting following worship. The meeting itself was kind of bumpy, even though it was over quickly. So after the meeting I went for a cup of coffee.

When I headed back to the church for my car I met a parishioner who was showing a blind neighbor how to get from Calligan's Pharmacy (that he already knew how to reach from his home) to the Senior Center (that he did not yet know how to find).

File under : ,

No comments: